Saturday, August 18, 2007

fred thompson apoligizes, says america is bloodthirsty

At the Iowa State fair, Fred Thompson had some awful things to say about the good old US of A. Specifically, Thompson, that Hollywood America-hater, said "I ... apologize for the United States of America. This country has shed more blood ... of other people than all the other nations in the history of the world combined, and I ... got to apologize for America."

Thompson also implied that he planned on acting without regard for Constitutional restraint, just like de facto President George Bush. He said, "I wasn't there when they made those rules, so I'm not abiding by them." Thompson also doesn't plan to abide by past American policies, saying "...it doesn't really matter what anybody else has done."

Yes, that's what he said. More or less. I mean, I might have removed one or two other words to make the quote more concise, and I might have not exactly quite remembered the actual context of the quotes, but hey that's what respected news outlets like Fox News and the Washington Times do all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home