Saturday, November 04, 2006

silence about that torture!

Adding insult to injury (literally), people who were imprisoned on suspicion of terrorism and subsequently released are not allowed to say anything about how they were "interrogated" during their all-expenses-paid stay at an American detention camp. At least, that's the argument the de facto Bush Administration is making in federal court.

Seems the torture methods -- excuse me, I mean interrogation techniques -- are top secret.

Allow me to express my skepticism about the true reason for the classification of these techniques. I doubt the precise method for waterboarding, or hooking electrical circuits to a prisoner's body, is information that if released would endanger the United States.

But it would endanger the Bush clan and the military and intelligence agencies if these methods were described in public, because they easily be mistaken for torture.

BECAUSE THEY ARE TORTURE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home