Wednesday, July 23, 2008

give mccain a break

I don't think that slipping up by referring to Czechoslovakia or the Iraq-Indian border is necessarily a sign of senility for John McCain.  I make slips like that all the time and I am way the hell younger than McCain.  Yes, I think 72 is too old to become President ... but these slips of the tongue in themselves don't convince me.  If McCain makes more serious blunders, then that's a different question.

And this story about a donor to McCain's campaign who was committing some sort of fraud is interesting - but I wouldn't hold McCain's campaign too culpable for this sort of thing.  Same for the Obama campaign.  Of course, the whole issue of having people raise lots of money for campaigns is a real topic of concern...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home