Saturday, December 15, 2007

bush speaks out against wrongdoing!

Here is a statement from de facto President George Bush.

"I understand the impact that (public figures) can have on our nation's youth. And I just urge . . . those in the public spotlight . . . to understand that when they violate (the law), they're sending a terrible signal to America's young."

A stirring statement against corruption? No. I fiddled with this a little bit. Here's what he REALLY said.

"I understand the impact that professional athletes can have on our nation's youth. And I just urge . . . those in the public spotlight, particularly athletes, to understand that when they violate their bodies, they're sending a terrible signal to America's young."

He was talking, obviously, about the Mitchell Report and steroids in baseball.

But gosh, just think if he applied the same high standards to his own de facto administration? Imagine if he expected "those in the public spotlight" to actually obey the Constitution and the law? Imagine if he was worried about the "terrible signal to America's young" he and his cronies are sending by condoning torture and by using US attorneys to conduct partisan witch-hunts right before elections?

I don't want to hear what Bush has to say about baseball. I wish he'd become Commissioner of baseball instead of President. Better that he screw up the sport I love than he screw up the country I love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home