Sunday, September 25, 2005

times pulls stuff back

I was gonna post on how Frank Rich today expanded on the theme that the de facto Bush administration is rife with cronies and hucksters. However, I can't link to the damn article because it is hidden in the new Times Select "service. The use of the phrase "new service" is rather Orwellian. I mean, columns by Frank Rich and other NY Times columnists USED to be available freely, and now it isn't.

That really sucks. I knew it was coming but this is the first time I've tried to link to something that is no longer available. So, if you have the paper version of the NY Times, read Rich today. But if you HAVE the paper version, you don't need me to tell you...

Sigh. It'll be interesting to see if this sticks or not. Another episode in the ongoing Internet "free vs. subscription" battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home