Friday, January 16, 2009

just leave, already

I didn't watch de facto President George Bush's presumably last TV address. I didn't need to. I knew he'd be doing the full self-justification thing. And I knew watching him would only make me angry.

But it's good to see Bush, Condi Rice, Laura, and the rest all giving each other awards and plaudits. They better - ain't nobody else ready to give them anything but a one-way bus ticket to Dallas.

Oh, and they should be careful about their foreign travel plans. Attorney-General designate Eric Holder told the Senate he thought waterboarding was torture. And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Holder's counterparts in other countries thought so, too. And a bunch of prosecutors. And you know, in international law, torture is one of those things anybody can grab and prosecute somebody for.

Remember ex-Chilean President Pinochet was arrested in Europe and was only let off from being tried because of his health...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home