Sunday, May 25, 2008

warning - indiana jones is not a REAL archaelogist!

Sometimes your belief system is shaken without warning. That happened today as I read the Post's Outlook section and saw this column by a guy called Neil Asher Silberman. Silberman, who says he is an archaeologist, claims Indiana Jones is not a real archaelogist.

Well, I'm stunned. I thought the Indiana Jones movies were documentaries, I really did. Unusually well-done and exciting ones, but nevertheless there were enough true elements - like Nazi Germans and short Chinese kids, which I am pretty sure DID exist - to the movies that I thought they must be real.

So it was with some rising hope that I read Tom Shales' review of "Recount," hoping that perhaps I had gotten it wrong for the last seven-and-a-half years.

No such luck. Bush is selected as the de facto President in "Recount," too. Drag.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home